Mount Bures Football Team
also known as the Rangers.
Little is known about this club,
but we do know about
its final days and the
location of the pitch.
In its latter years, Arthur
Clampin (1903-1955) and Jim Adams were the trustees for the football
On its closure the funds were given to Mount Bures Church and
the new Mount Bures Youth Club,
which was about 1946-50.
The pitch was located down the bottom of Craigs Hill,
where Cambridge Brook passes under the road and the site of the
Water Mill to the left
The pitch was in the meadow behind that to the right.